A student visa is granted to foreign citizens traveling to Bolivia in order to study or take part in academic activities.
Student visas are valid for 30 days from the date of entry to then file for a temporary residence for one (1) year in at the national immigration offices . It is recommended to process the visa with a period of at least 2 -3 weeks before departure.
- Completed Sworn Statement for Visa Application
- Original Passport with at least 6 months of validity
- One recent 2" x 2" passport type photograph
- Fee of $50.00
- Certificate of good conduct / Police Record
- Medical certificate stating that applicant does not suffer from contagious disease (must include an ELISA analysis for HIV)
- School Transcript
- Copy of Itinerary or travel reservation.
- If the applicant is a minor, according to Bolivian law, legal permission from parents or guardians, countersigned by competent authority to travel and stay in Bolivia.
- Certification of financial standing of the applicant or parent, if applicant is a minor.
- Corresponding acceptance of a Bolivian university and / or educational institution.