Children born abroad of a Bolivian parent have the right to obtain Bolivian citizenship.
This condition is formalized through registration of the minor before a Bolivian consular representation.
- The minor must be under 18 years of age
- Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate of the minor
- Original and photocopy of the Parent's Marriage Certificate (If Applicable)
- Current or Expired Bolivian Passport or Bolivian Identification Card
- The minor must be present at the time of the registration
- If one parent is not Bolivian, he or she must present their national passport
Registration for minors 0-12 years old: FREE
Registration for minors 12-18 years old: $15.00