Civil Registry

Children born abroad of a Bolivian parent have the right to obtain Bolivian citizenship.

This condition is formalized through registration of the minor before a Bolivian consular representation.


  1. The minor must be under 18 years of age
  2. Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate of the minor
  3. Original and photocopy of the Parent's Marriage Certificate (If Applicable)
  4. Current or Expired Bolivian Passport or Bolivian Identification Card
  5. The minor must be present at the time of the registration
  6. If one parent is not Bolivian, he or she must present their national passport


Registration for minors 0-12 years old: FREE

Registration for minors 12-18 years old: $15.00