Functions of the consulate:
- Represent and protect all Bolivians and interests giving attention and cooperation within the framework of respect for the laws and authorities.
- To promote trade, economic, cultural and scientific relations.
- Acting as Notary Public and Civil Registration Officers.
- The Consulate exercises its functions while it observes the laws of the receiving State.
- Cooperate to know the fate of missing citizens and assisting the jailed or detained or ensuring that they are guaranteed full rights of defense at their trial.
- Perform registration and certification; grant Safe-conducts travel documents, issue Certificates and Travel Authorizations for Minors.
- Act in cases of repatriation of Bolivians.
The Consulate cannot:
- Sponsor or intervene in court proceedings.
- Perform tasks that apply to travel agencies, airlines, banks, customs etc.
- Provide or lend money, warranties , guarantees or bonds.
- Provide plane tickets or means to return to Bolivia.
- Taking charge of the payment of accounts or personal expenses.
- Manage housing or residence.
- Give job or work permit.